11221 US Highway 30 Cheyenne, WY 82009 (307) 772-2600
Community Enhancement Project Applications being accepted through Sept. 15, 2016.
"Weeds of the West" for weed Identification is available in PDF format or ePub. Link attached.
Laramie Co. Conservation to Sponsor S. Platte River Watershed Study-Next mtg.-Sept. 19th
Laramie County Conservation District is sponsoring the South Platte River Watershed Study. It is being funded by the Wyoming Water Development Commission, and Dahlgren Consulting, Inc., will be doing the study work. For information on the project, click the below link:
Get involved with the South Platte River Watershed Study. The next meeting will be September 19th. Time and location to be determined. Click on the link above for the most current information.
Visit the website at the site above for information. Call (307) 275-6368 and leave a message with questions and/or comments. Email us at: Team@SouthPlatteRiverWatershedStudy.org
WNRF Raffle for 2016 @ WACD Convention-Drawing Nov. 16. More information attached.
The Wyoming Natural Resource Foundation will be selling only 650 tickets at $25.00 each for: 1st Prize-2016 JD Gator; 2nd Prize-Homak Pro-Series Rolling Tool Cabinet.
More detailed information in the poster: WNRF Raffle 2016 Contact your local Conservation District for tickets! Laramie County Conservation District – 307-772-2600.
3 Board of Supervisors Positions up for Election in 2016 - Applications Close Aug. 29th
The Laramie County Conservation District has three Board of Supervisor’s positions up for election in November of 2016. The board members serve four-year terms. The residents of Laramie County will vote for the Board positions during the November general election. Supervisors are unpaid, elected volunteers who attend monthly board meetings and take an active role in overseeing the activities of the conservation district.
Positions open are: One Urban (inside a municipality), one Rural (outside a municipality), and one At-Large (either Urban or Rural).
Applications will be taken from August 10-29, 2016, for these positions. Stop by the District Office to complete an application if interested. For more information about the positions, please call the District Manager, Jim Cochran at 772-2600.
Services We Provide
- Implement farm, ranch and forestland conservation practices to protect soil productivity, water quality and quantity, air quality and wildlife habitat;
- Conserve and restore wetlands, which purify water and provide habitat for birds, fish and numerous other animals;
- Protect groundwater resources;
- Assist communities and homeowners to plant trees and other land cover to hold soil in place, clean the air, provide cover for wildlife and beautify neighborhoods;
- Help developers control soil erosion and protect water and air quality during construction; and
- Reach out to communities and schools to teach the value of natural resources and encourage conservation efforts.
Nationally and in Wyoming, conservation districts usually operate under the following general policies:
- Conservation should be led by local citizens
- The final responsibility for conservation lies with the landowner
- Landowners have legitimate operating goals
- Conservation Districts are responsive to both landowners and operators, and the community as a whole
- The best agricultural land should be maintained for agriculture
Provide Laramie County citizens with the necessary information and technical assistance to support sustainable production from soil and water resources, protect the county’s tax base, control flooding, improve air and water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and protect and promote the health, welfare and safety of Laramie County residents.
We are proud to have been a Sponsor for OUT ON THE LAND.
OUT ON THE LAND airs on Tuesdays at 7:00pm eastern time ( adjust for other time zones) and repeats on Wednesdays at 5:30am ET. To see where y9ou can watch RFD-TV, go to www.rfdtv.com and click on “Find Us: and enter your Zip Code. To view past episodes of OUT ON THE LAND, go to www.outontheland.com/category/episodes.
For a 2 minute 48 second quick look at what OUT ON THE LAND is all about go to: http://outontheland.com/out-on-the-land-2014-sizzle/