Laramie County Conservation recently hosted a workshop on Dalmatian Toadflax. For more information on how landowners can deal with this noxious weed, please click on the following links:
The District offers technical assistance to address various land management concerns of owners with both small acreages and larger operations. LCCD Wildlife & Range Specialist is Rex Lockman. Call 307-772-2600 for free assistance on the following:
- Grazing management
- Proper fertilizer and pesticide use
- Landscaping for low maintenance and water conservation
- Composting and manure management
- Seeding recommendations
- Weed identification and control recommendations. Link to “Weeds of the West” is: http://bit.ly/weedswest
The District also offers a seed drill for rent. Four feet wide. Seed pastures, disturbed areas, or weedy areas. Pull behind ATV or large (20 hp) garden/lawn tractor.
The cost is $75.00 weekday rental fee (Mon.-Thurs.) & $150.00 weekends (pickup Friday’s after 3:00 pm). Please call the office at 772-2600 to reserve.
The following websites offer information on grazing, poisonous plants, and small acreages: Grazing Management Information:
Poisonous Plant Information:
- Spokane County Washington – Noxious Weed Control Board
- United States Department of Agriculture – Poisonous Plant Resource Products and Services
Miscellaneous Small Acreage Information:
Curt Gowdy Cheatgrass Project